Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pages to Ink, for Practice







Today I am reposting a small gallery of pages I have scanned in and converted to light-blue .psd's (Photoshop files). If you would like me to print out any of these for you to practice inking on, give me a list of the ones you would like printed and a dollar for each. (I'm about to have a working printer again.) The next class meeting I will bring you back a printout out on 11" x 17" bristol board. I highly recommend you download and print out the black-and-white jpeg that opens when you click on the thumbnails in the gallery. Then you can have that to refer to as you work. The jpeg will scale to print out at 8 1/2 x 11" at a nice high resolution. (I have not linked to, or even uploaded, the bluelines to my site, as none of you have 11 x 17" printers.)

Gallery of Pages for Inking Practice

In a disgraceful display of artistic narcissism, I have led off with a tightly penciled Elvira page of my own, and -- worse -- stacked the deck with more challenging (better, but less finished) pages, albeit without planning to. This may have the effect of channeling you toward whetting your inking teeth on my sterling contribution before perhaps moving on to the golden glories of, say, the great John Romita, Jr.

JH






P.S.: Once you've downloaded the jpegs, you can right-click on the file icon and select "Properties" to view the artist credits and my notes on what challenges each page holds. Apologies for the slow downloads.

No comments: